Tuesday, February 15, 2011

"Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" birthday party

Anjas favorite things right now are the song "Twinkle, Twinkle Little Star" (She can sing all the words to this song.) and anything dark. She flips through her books and flash cards for any picture that shows a nighttime sky and says emphatically, "Dark out!" To find some inspiration for her party decorations I looked around on Etsy and found this adorable plate (Personalized Star Plate). It would have been perfect as a cake plate for her party, but it wasn't in the party decoration budget. So instead I used similar shaped stars and the navy and white theme for her party.

This was the first time I used this sugar cookie recipe and I would definitely use it again. They were so easy to roll out and tasted great.
 I made Buzzby's birthday shirt from a white shirt I got from Children's Place and added the ruffles and stars from a navy t-shirt I got at Goodwill.
My mom made this amazing cake for Buzzby. Thanks mom!

2 comments:

  1. You definitely are one of those amazing mommy's out there. And you do wonders with anything to do with sewing. I wish you guys were closer so that I could learn a few things from you. Anja looks so cute in her little outfit and her cake! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations for the birthday. Preparations seem to be quite lavish. I went for an engagement party of my colleague at one of the famous Venues in San Francisco last week. Catering was mind blowing and of a very high quality. Venue is highly recommended for all interested ones.

    ReplyDelete