Monday, September 1, 2014

Pattern Testing Hemlock Top and Magnolia Skirt for E&E

I was recently given the privilege of once again testing for Elegance & Elephants. I have tested many of her patterns and have loved every one. (Bohemian Babydoll Dress, another Bohemian Babydoll, Bubble Pocket Top & Spin Skirt, Bubble Pocket Shorts, and the Ruffle Top). Heidi always gives clear instructions and I often discover new techniques while completing her patterns. This pattern will be released later this week with E & E's Fall Collection.




The Hemlock Top is for knit fabrics. I found it quick to put together and love how it turned out. I even learned a new method for sewing on the neck band and am pleased with the professional look of it. My daughter is 5 years old and usually wears size 6. I wanted to make sure the body was nice and fitted, so I used the size 5 pattern and added 3/4 of an inch to the sleeves and bottom hem.

The Magnolia Skirt is put together with 6 panels and is perfect for twirling in! I love how fast this skirt is to put together. The pattern is quite generous in length. I sewed this skirt using the size 5 pattern and even with a generous hem, it is plenty long for my lanky 5-year-old.

Thank you Heidi for asking me to test this pattern! Elegance & Elephants will be releasing their Fall Collection later this week.


2 comments:

  1. Where did you get the knit you used for the top? I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete