Wednesday, July 6, 2011

Retro Batman Party

A family with 3 adorable boys decided to have a joint birthday party since their birthdays are pretty close together. They asked me to decorate for the party with a retro batman theme.
My kids like to carry bags around the house and fill them with random objects so this gave me the idea to sew reusable favor bags for all the little guests. I also made them personalized capes and masks. To make it a little more feminine for the girls I added a jewel to their masks.
I made 3 types of favor bags. One for girls, one for boys and one for babies.




I didn't make the cake. This was the amazing work of the mom!



The birthday boys (and one of the guests) had full out batman costumes. They love to dress up. You can pretty much go to their house on any given day and they will be a different superhero!



My attempt at a nice photo of my kids in their costumes ...they had other ideas!

4 comments:

  1. Wow! I can't believe all the sewing projects that this birthday party involved. Great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a really fun party. Love the shot of all the kids in their capes and masks. So cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey i love the idea i was wondering do u sale some of the things u sew or would u mind telling how u made the capes and goodybags.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! No, sorry, I don't sell anything right now. I made up the patterns I used for the capes and bags, but I'm sure you could find tutorials online to make something similar. Good Luck!

      Delete