Friday, December 2, 2011

Quiet Bags

I FINALLY made quiet bags for my kids to take to church. I've been meaning to do this since my oldest was a baby (& he's almost 5 now). I used this tutorial from Zaaberry to make kid-sized messenger bags. I had a hard time picturing how big the bags would be before I made them, and if I were to make them again I'd make them a few inches bigger. Other than that, I'm happy with how they turned out.

I added pockets to the inside (instructions for this were not included in the tutorial) because I wanted to keep their snacks separate from their toys.  I used their favourite granola bar as a guideline for the pocket size.
Step 1: Cut out 2 rectangles for flap and 2 rectangles for pocket. Sew around edges leaving opening for turning. Clip corners.

Step 2: Turn rectangles right side out, iron, and sew along top of pocket and bottom of flap. Sew on velcro using a zig-zag stitch. (I cut my velcro in ovals just because I like how it looks.)
Step 3: Sew sides and bottom of pocket to centre of lining. Place the flap so the velcro matches together and sew along the top attaching flap to lining.

View of flap when open

Finished pocket


3 comments:

  1. Super cute bags!!!
    Kailey has switched to using her hello kitty backpack.... I need to make one of these!!! Well 2 of these I guess.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute!!!! (Like Josh would say). I love the bags and it looks like fun stuff inside. I was having trouble with Oliver in church, so, along with mom, I came up with a complicated system to keep him focused. IT is working pretty well. I'll try and do a post on it sometime soon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great post about chronic about work I Get more help from your post I found so many blogs related to this But do not get that much information also I found some interesting information forHow To Set Up X Box One S check out now.

    ReplyDelete