Sunday, January 29, 2012

Upcycled Valentine's Day Dresses

I don't usually like getting outfits for my kids that are too holiday related because then I feel I can't get much use out of them. But I found this tutorial on Pinterest and thought it would be really cute to apply to the Sienna dress pattern (from LilBlueBoo) that I use ALL the time. I decided to not add the ruffles to the heart because I wasn't sure how it would look after being washed. And also it looked like a lot of work! I used 4 t-shirts (from by basement stash) to make the two dresses. I call them Valentine's Day dresses, but I think they could be worn past Valentine's Day as well because they aren't too "Valentinesy".


Anja loves layering, so this dress can be worn all year round!

I added little diamonds using Jewel-It Embellishing Glue, which is supposed to withstand washing. This is the first time I've used it, so we'll see how it holds up in the wash.



Now I need to find some cool boy patterns.

This is totally unrelated, but Anja just learned to stand!

No comments:

Post a Comment