Thursday, March 15, 2012

First lost tooth!

I'll begin by telling you a Walmart story. (I have had probably some of my worst parenting stories occur in this store). Two years ago, when Eli was 2 1/2, I had just finished buying all my groceries and we were about to leave. Eli was holding onto the shopping cart with one hand while walking and he tripped. His face swung into the side of the cart and there was blood EVERYWHERE. He started screaming and I tried to comfort him and see where the blood was coming from. After he calmed down a bit I checked him out and saw that his front tooth had been pushed in a bit. I quickly straightened it. (I'm not sure if that's the right thing to do, but I panicked.) We then left the store with a pool of blood by the door. (I probably should have found an employee and told them what happened, but didn't because I had a very hurt boy who I just wanted to get home.) In time his mouth healed, but his tooth began to turn grey. The dentist told me since it was his baby tooth, we didn't have to do anything about it and it would fall out eventually. But, if a bump developed above the tooth it would mean the tooth was infected and would have to be extracted. Well, a couple of days ago Eli told me there was a bump in his mouth and it was just above his damaged tooth. I made an appointment with the dentist for the next day. I wasn't sure how it would go since I had to take my two younger girls with us. The dentist was so good with him, and had his tooth out before he even knew what was happening.  And my girls were little angels. Anja was totally enthralled with what was going on, and Isla was so tired she was almost falling asleep in my arms. After it was all over Eli was very proud of his new space in his mouth. I have to admit I teared up a bit seeing my boy starting to look more grown up.




...A little extra $$ since the dentist had to take it out.

No comments:

Post a Comment