Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Puppy Party

Our boy turned 5 in February. It's hard to believe five years have gone by since we first brought him home from the hospital. I loved him from the first moment I saw him, but had no idea how much more my love would grow for him as the years go by. He is such a sweet, kind boy. He's thoughtful and sensitive. His favorite things are Lego and animals. I let him choose his birthday theme this year and he wanted it to be about puppies. So this was the result:




A few weeks ago ELi attempted to draw a dog for the first time. Isn't it cute?! I couldn't resist including it in the party decor. I love the mix of capital and lowercase letters and the backwards g.


Of course the party started with a good old balloon fight initiated by the kids. I'm pretty sure this happens every time we have balloons in the house.



After the balloon fight, I thought it would be good to introduce a calmer activity and had the kids make puppy hats.
I used black eyeliner to draw the puppy faces.


Now those are cute puppies!
I was pretty impressed by my husbands balloon animal making skills!
I had some puppy colouring pages for the kids to colour.
Pet Shop. The kids got to pick out their very own puppy and puppy supplies: bouncy ball, collar with tag, puppy chow (coco puffs), puppy vitamins (gummy candies), blanket, and adoption certificate.


The birthday cake: baked in a (new) puppy dish and decorated with coco puffs to look like a bowl of dog food.
I wish I could say she was pretending to act like a puppy, but I think we need to work on table manners.
The party favor bags contained sugar cookies in the shape of dog bones.
It was fun, but now I'm ready for a bit of a birthday break!

Credit to all my inspiration:
cupcake flags and doggy bags: One Charming Party
puppy hats and puppy shop: The Crafting Chicks
cake: Max & Lucy
food, labels, and coloring pages: Hank & Hunt

3 comments:

  1. Cute:) Looks fun Maja!!! Love it all, great drawing, Kailey is starting to draw people, flowers and swings, it's so fun:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow!! Your creativity never ceases to amaze me. Yet another wonderful birthday party!

    ReplyDelete